TCW's "100 Women Making a Difference"
And one woman making news, news, news.
I’ve written 10,000+ press releases, media advisories and PSAs garnering prominent media coverage for 100+ organizations, artists and festivals, plus seminal series from DC’s WETA TV, the third largest public broadcasting station, including Ken Burns’ The Civil War and In Performance at the White House. PBS Advertising and Promotion Award for the pregnancy series Nine Months.
Partnerships, Promotions, Branding, Events, Talent
- Devised, supervised 75+ institutional partnerships, cross-promotional exchanges, events including Drury Lane Water Tower Place opening
- Facilitated and implemented 50+ mission and branding initiatives, photo shoots, trade shows, with Chicago Children’s Museum, Chicago Public Library, Notebaert Nature Museum, related book publishers, and more
- Talent wrangling for Joan Allen, Brian Dennehy, Phylicia Rashad, John C. Reilly, Molly Shannon, Emma Thompson, Vince Vaughn, Zoë Wanamaker, to name a few
- Chicago Artists Resource, “Theaters: Get the Word Out”
- Chicago Artists Resource, “Parsimonious and Prudent Public Relations”
- The Book: An Actor’s Guide to Chicago, “Developing a Pitch”
- Chicagoplays, “Picture This: The Poster’s the Thing”
- AMPlify for the Arts Management Project, “Marketing: Mind for Minutiae”
Interviews, Lectures, Panels
- Chicago Public Radio, “Theater Public Relations and Marketing”
- Community Media Workshop (now Public Narrative), “Arts Promotion Toolkit” and “Making Media Connections”
- San José State University, School of Journalism/Mass Comm, arts PR lectures
- DePaul University, “Careers in Public Relations & Advertising”
- Roosevelt University, annual fall “Theatre PR” lecture
- North Park University, media writing lectures
- James Madison University, “Theatre and Public Relations”
- Fernwork Arts Incubator, “PR for the Arts” and “How to Talk About Your Work”
- Arts Management Project at the Athenaeum, “Critics Choice: Developing Media Relationships That Get You Covered” and “Marketing Tips You Can Use”
- Collaboraction, “Gender Breakdown”